Pressure canning is the only method recommended safe by the U.S.D.A. for low-acid foods such as vegetables, meats and fish.
The easy-to-read gauge automatically registers a complete range of processing pressures.
The air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build up only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from opening until pressure is safely reduced.
This Presto® Pressure Canner also doubles as a water bath a canner for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsas.
Constructed of extra-strong, warp-resistant aluminum and suitable for use on regular and smooth-top ranges. Includes cooking/canning rack and complete instruction and recipe book.
Mason Jar Capacity: 26 Half-Pints, 20 Pints, 7 Quarts.
23-Quart liquid capacity (21.8 liters)
Note: All Presto® stovetop pressure canners will work on electric coil and regular, indoor gas ranges that have less than 12,000 BTUs. Current stovetop models of Presto® Pressure Canners will also work on glass/smooth top ranges. Although Presto believes that current pressure canners are acceptable for use on glass top stoves we recommend that you check with the owner's manual for your range or the manufacturer before using. Please be mindful of the following tips for successful use of the canner on your glass top range:
• Use the largest element, making sure that the surface of the canner bottom contacting the element does not extend more than one inch outside the element.
• Do not place the canner on two heated elements at the same time.
• Make sure that the canner does not boil dry.
• Do not use the canner on the elements for several hours at a time.
• To prevent scratches to the glass top make sure that the bottom of the canner does not have scratches or areas that are rough, and do not slide or rotate the canner on the smooth top range.
• Clean the cooking surface with a ceramic cooktop cleaner prior to and after using the canner.
*Portable burners may not be suitable for canning. They may not have enough wattage to pressurize a fully loaded canner and/or they may not be able to support the weight of a fully loaded canner. Refer to the owner’s manual for your portable heat source for weight restrictions and other information. The 23-quart canner weighs 16 pounds when filled with 3 quarts of water. When used for pressure canning, a fully loaded canner will weigh up to 46 pounds. When used for the boiling water method, it will weigh up to 52 pounds.
Presto Customer Service Department is available to address any customer concerns and/or canning questions. We can be reached Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Central Time by phone 1-800-877-0441.