Package Bee Policy, Waiver, & Guarantee
• When you order package bees from Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply online, by phone, via email, in person, or by mail, you agree to the following policies, contract terms, conditions, limitations, and exceptions.
• At Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply, we make every attempt to ship your package bees on the scheduled date. The production of package bees and queens are dependent upon factors which lie outside our control, including weather patterns. As a result, Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply may need to rearrange scheduled dates or make other accommodations. Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply will provide notification to you via email, phone call, or SMS, if shipments are not on schedule.
• Mann Lake does guarantee that your bees will arrive alive with a laying queen, however, we do not guarantee that you will be able to successfully establish a colony or “hive” with the package. You agree that you will not attempt to hold us responsible for whatever may happen to your package after it is delivered, for the survival or productivity of the hive that you establish from the package. We will not refund any money for package bees that do not survive.
Package bees are shipped via USPS. We will contact you once an official ship date has been established and provide USPS tracking number once your bees have shipped. Shipped package bees are guaranteed to not have more than 1.5” of dead bees (when spread evenly across the bottom of the package) upon delivery.
• You agree that you will not refuse your order if it arrives in poor condition. If shipment is refused, a refund will not be issued. If shipment arrives with all or nearly all the bees dead or package is damaged (with more than 1.5” of dead bees spread evenly across the bottom), you must contact us within 24 hours of receipt or the guarantee is void.
• For a claim to be filed with USPS and to receive a refund, Mann Lake must be contacted within 24 hours of delivery. We require a photo of the shipping label and the dead/damaged package showing more than 1.5 inches of dead bees on the bottom of the package when spread evenly. A photo is also needed for online claim submission for Mann Lake. Information should be submitted on our website via the Package bee help page. Please refer to the special instructions attached to your package of bees for additional information.
• A refund for the price of your package bees will be issued within 5 business days after receipt of all required documentation.
Package Bee Queens
Mann Lake Bee & Ag Supply guarantees that you will receive a fertile queen. The queen should begin laying within 14 days of the queen being released from the queen cage into the hive. If there are no signs of eggs on the 14th day, please refer to the special instructions attached to your package of bees to contact us.
Dead or damaged in transit:
In the event the queen arrives dead or damaged during transit, please refer to the special instructions attached to your package of bees and contact us within 24 hours. A photo of the dead queen and shipping label are required prior to the shipment of a replacement queen. Information should be submitted on our website via the Package bee help page. Mann Lake will cover the cost and shipping fee of one replacement queen per package purchased.
ORDERS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THE CUSTOMER HAS AGREED TO THE TERMS OF THIS GUARANTEE. If an order is cancelled or changes need to be made a $10 change or cancellation fee may apply.
There is potential risk of injury from actives involved in beekeeping, and while particular rules, equipment and personal care may reduce the risk, the risk of injury does exist; and YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RICKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for your participation; and, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS MANN LAKE BEE & AG SUPPLY, their officers, other participants, and if applicable, owner and lessors of the premises (“RELEASEES”) used to conduct any event, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED OR OTHERWISE.